Sunday, July 27, 2008

You don't think about it till it happens to you.All the pain and suffering seem distant-till you face it yourself.The first blast spot,the bus shelter is barely 300m from my house.I have walked past it hundreds of time.While driving through,I have seen friends standing there waiting for a bus and it sends a chill down my spine whenever I think what would have happened if the blasts were to happen in the morning.When the messages and the mails started coming in,it was unreal-the first reaction being that of denial-this couldn't be happening to us-in Bangalore-we are away from the epicenters of danger-and then it was frustration and anger at the ease with which the bombs were planted and the ease with which they could rattle us.The phone networks got jammed almost instantly after the first messages came through.Thank god for the internet.The feeling that it could have been any one of us instead of that unfortunate lady is very very disconcerting.It has been a depressing weekend.I hope that whoever is behind this and the Ahmedabad blasts is dealt with very severely.

4 comments:

Indecision Personified said...

300 m from your house??? Damn!... Am very glad that you appear fine apart from slightly shaken! the bangalore blasts were a li'l too close for comfort and yes.. i know what you mean by saying that bangalore had seemed 'safe'.
Hope all of them are brought to severe justice and hope they rot in hell for ever after!

P.S: - May God bless the lady's soul!

Saanjh said...

I first thought it was a very unfunny joke when i got the message from a frantic fren, who was enquiring whether my folks were fine.The thought was "Cmon, its Blore.We dont have serial blasts in the open here".And when I sat down to call up people, there were about 150 odd numbers on my fonebook n I dint know where to start..the goddamned jammed phone-lines ensured dat I dont even reach 5 out of the 150.
Jus 300m away !! All this is jus so unbelievable man!

Ankita said...

Good you could put it down in writing.I am mostly unable to..overwhelmed and exasperated by a mingling of too many feelings.

Niksworth said...

Thank god that we all are safe...guess what was i doing when the first bombs were being found in Surat? watching 'the dark knight' in a theatre nearby :)

I am Jack's indecisiveness wrapped in a sheath of fatalistic tendencies